Our commitment to sustainability and the environment
Our ongoing commitment to sustainability and the environment is a key part of our ethos.Out of years of experience advising customers on the most appropriate products to reduce their own environmental impact, ‘Clena’s Ideology & Mandate’ accreditation (CLIM8) was borne.
As a professional benchmark, the CLIM8 logo is applied to eligible products to provide users with a qualified standard by which to make environmentally sustainable purchasing decisions.
To bear the CLIM8 accreditation logo, non-concentrate chemical products must either ‘automatically qualify’ by already bearing the Nordic Swan or European Eco Label or meet all mandatory scoring criteria and at least eight of the following non-mandatory scoring criteria:
- Is Eco-label accredited
- Is Nordic Swan accredited
- Produced in factories where waste effluent is reduced to carbon dioxide and water
- Contains no phosphates
- Contains no chlorinated solvents
- Not tested on animals
- Fully biodegradable
- Part of a system that reduces product consumption
- Made with raw materials from renewable sources
- Manufactured at an IPPC licenced plan
- Meets requirements of the Detergents Directive for biodegradability
- Packaging material from recycled sources
When you purchase a CLIM8 accredited product you can rest assured that you have chosen a high quality phosphate-free product, made in Britain and with no compromise to effectiveness. Plus, in making this informed choice you will be playing a valuable part in protecting the environment and supporting our planet for a sustainable future.